Postgraduate Professional Development
It is important as therapists to continue to develop and reflect on our professional practice, deepen existing skills, nurture ourselves, share ideas, best practice and to feel supported, confident and connected. To that end, Sharon runs group supervision, focus groups and self care sessions as CPD workshops for the Massage Training Institute (www.massagetraining.co.uk) of which she is a member, South West Practitioner Association Rep and Tutor. These are open to all postgraduate or student bodyworkers and practitioners.
- Supervision for self care – MTI conference, Bristol 11 May 2019
- Group supervision-MTI Scotland 30 June 2019
- Dorchester Yoga & Therapy Centre, Dorset Summer 2019 – 1 day CPD Focus & Supervision Session
- Dorchester Touchenergy workshops Indian Head Massage – CPD 2 day course coming Autumn 2019
- On Site Acupressure Massage – CPD 2 day course Winter 2019
- Thai Yoga Massage for the Table – CPD 2 day course Winter 2019
- Mindful Retreat Days – Self Care – quarterly in Dorset
- Individual Supervision and Coaching Sessions available
Sharon is a qualified tutor, development coach, mindfulness practitioner & bodyworker with particular interest in the mindbody connection and experience working in community through charities, the NHS and social services with unpaid carers, those managing anxiety & depression, CFS, FMS and ME, mental health and low self esteem issues
Sharon was Principal of the Academy of Natural Health in Covent Garden where she originally trained in 1999. Her friendly, unique approach is engaging, experiential, exploratory and practical with over 18 years’ experience her depth of knowledge is informed by her personal health journey. She has taught complementary therapies in local adult education colleges from introductory to postgraduate CPD, supervising and mentoring many therapists within their practice and is a keen advocate of continued professional development, mindfulness and self care.